1.1 Through BPIR Ready, EBOSS provides:
- Hosting of New Zealand building code and legislative information or other materials uploaded to the Site, including (without limitation) New Zealand building code clauses, regulations, building product compliance advice, compliance interpretation and term definitions (together referred to as “BPIR Content”);
- The ability for Users to access BPIR Content to create a BPIR summary (referred to as “User Generated Content”);
- Other services and functions that may be offered by EBOSS from time to time,
all subject to the following terms and conditions (together, referred to as the “Service”).
1.2 By signing up, or otherwise accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by all of these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, you are not authorised to use the Service and must not use or access the Service or the Site.
1.3 You acknowledge and agree that:
- Unless otherwise agreed by us in writing, the Service does not and shall not include any design, development, modification and maintenance of Content other than that provided by us as part of providing the Service.
- The communications to/from the Service are not secure and may be subject to interception or loss of data.
- You are responsible for your network security.
- We do not guarantee or warrant that your existing equipment, hardware or software is compatible with the Service or the Site.
- We will not be responsible for ensuring that you comply with any Intellectual Property Rights, privacy or other laws relating to Content or your use of the Service. Such compliance will be your sole responsibility.
- The Service contains certain system-mandated rules and limitations on its operation and your use of the Service is subject to those rules and limitations.
2. Amendments to Terms and Conditions
2.1 EBOSS reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
2.2 Amendments will be effective immediately upon publication on the Site.
2.3 Your continued use of the Service following such publication will represent your agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended from time to time.
3.1 EBOSS does not pre-screen the User Generated Content and except for 3.2, EBOSS exercises no editorial control over the User Generated Content .
3.2 EBOSS reserves the right (without obligation) to remove any User Generated Content or posting that is bought to its attention and that it deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, unsuitable or in breach of these terms and conditions.
4.1 If you have not logged on to BPIR Ready for a period of 12 months (1 year), your account may be suspended and any unused balance on your account may be forfeited to EBOSS.
5. Suspension and Termination of Site access
5.1 EBOSS reserves the right to terminate or otherwise suspend the Service, or terminate or suspend your access to or use of the Service at any time. Without limiting the foregoing, EBOSS may suspend, disconnect or discontinue the Service (or your access to it) in whole or in part at any time without notice and without compensation if in our reasonable opinion:
- it is necessary to safeguard the provision of the Service or the integrity of our hardware or software;
- the Service or our hardware or software fails or requires modification or maintenance;
- there is or has been unauthorised, unlawful or fraudulent use of the Service or your use of the Service is causing or may potentially cause damage or interference to the Service;
- it is necessary to comply with a direction, order or request of any government authority or other competent authority; or
- you have breached these terms and conditions; or
- we deem your behaviour to be unacceptable.
5.2 Relevant parts of these terms and conditions shall survive the termination of access.
6. Acceptable Conduct by Users
6.1 By using the Service, you agree:
- not to load, post or transmit or otherwise make available on the Site or through EBOSS’ computer systems:
- any unsolicited email advertising;
- any Content or other material in which the copyright is owned by another Person unless you warrant that your use of the Content or other Site material is authorised by the owner of that copyright;
- any Content, material or information which is:
- in contravention of any law or which incites or encourages the contravention of any law;
- published for the purpose of commercial gain, except where any of the Content accepted in writing by us;
- racist, sexist or homophobic;
- pornographic, indecent, obscene, profane or vulgar;
- defamatory of any Person; or
- abusive, threatening, offensive, harmful, harassing or ethically objectionable.
- personal or identifying information about another Person without that Person’s explicit consent;
- any advertising except where any of the Content accepted in writing by us;
- advertisements of any illegal services or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by applicable law;
- any Content, material or information that:
- uses misleading email addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of the Content, material or information;
- impersonates any Person, including but not limited to an EBOSS employee or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a Person;
- you will not attempt to damage, interfere or harm the Site or the Service, or any network or system underlying or connected to them, including by using a robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site or information feature on it for any purpose; and
- you are responsible for ensuring that any Content loading or other Site postings by you do not breach this clause and the other provisions in these terms and conditions. You agree that EBOSS may disclose your personal information, including your name and contact details, your IP addresses to the relevant authorities, parties and/ or the applicable intellectual property right holders (or their representatives) if we consider that you are in breach at any time.
7. Important User Information
7.1 You expressly understand and agree that responsibility for User Generated Content or other postings appearing on EBOSS (including hyperlinks) rests solely with the Person who placed the Content/postings. EBOSS is not responsible for the Content or other postings, or for privacy practices associated with linked websites.
7.2 The placement of linked websites on the Site does not constitute EBOSS’s endorsement, approval or recommendation of the owners or operators of those linked websites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those linked websites, unless and to the extent stipulated to the contrary.
7.3 You expressly understand and agree that your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Site and the Service are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
7.4 EBOSS will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure the availability of the Site, subject to any downtime required for maintenance. However, EBOSS takes no responsibility for any system unavailability, or for any loss that is incurred as a result of Site being unavailable.
7.5 We accept no responsibility for your inability to access this Site. We will use our reasonable efforts to keep the Site free from viruses and errors. However, we do not accept liability for any damage or loss caused to your computer hardware, software, internet connections or other peripherals as a result of the use of our Site.
7.6 EBOSS assumes no responsibility for the corruption of any Content, data or information held by EBOSS. You agree to maintain backups or copies of any Content, data or information uploaded to enable efficient restoration if required.
11.1 You agree to release, indemnify and keep EBOSS, its officers, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors, assigns, directors, officers, agents, service providers, suppliers and employees indemnified from and against all actions, claims, costs (including legal costs and expenses on a solicitor and client basis) losses, proceedings, damages, liabilities, or demands suffered or incurred to any Person arising out of or in connection with:
- your failure to comply with these terms and conditions
- any User Generated Content or other material, data or information you load, post, transmit or make available through the Service;
- recovery of any amounts owed by you in relation to or arising from the Service; or
- your use of the Service.
9.1 You acknowledge that all information provided by us in the Service is provided in good faith. You accept that any information provided by us is general information and is not in the nature of advice. We derive our information from sources which we believe to be accurate and up to date as at the date of publication and we reserve the right to update this information at any time;
9.2 We do not make any representations or warranties that the information we provide in the Service is reliable, accurate, or complete. We are not liable for any loss or damage resulting from any action taken or reliance made by you on any Content, information or material on or accessed through the Site. You should make your own inquiries and seek independent advice from the relevant industry professionals before acting or relying on any Content, information or material which appears on the Site.
9.3 We do not warrant that any Content you submit to the Site will be protected against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties.
9.4 Whilst we will endeavour to deliver advertising or other Services on the nominated publication or supply date, this is dependent on factors beyond our control (e.g. your timely supply of the information needed in advance to prepare the advertising). We therefore do not warrant that we will publish, post or deliver advertising or other Services within a certain time, and we have no liability for non-attainment of any nominated publication or supply date.
9.5 We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage, however caused (including negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of the Site or any linked website.
9.6 We do not act as agent for Persons using the Service and do not participate in subsequent communications between Users. EBOSS gives no undertakings, representations or warranties in relation to postings on the Site.
9.7 If you download any Content, information or material from the Site, you acknowledge that we are not liable to you for any loss or damage, however caused, arising from the downloading or subsequent use of the downloaded Content, information or material. You shall not adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, publish or create derivative works from any downloaded Content, information or material.
10. Exclusion and Limitation of Liability
10.1 To the extent permitted by law, any condition or warranty which would otherwise be implied into these terms and conditions is hereby excluded. Where legislation implies any condition or warranty, and that legislation prohibits us from excluding or modifying the application of, or our liability under, any such condition or warranty, that condition or warranty will be deemed included.
10.2 In all cases, for all damages, losses, costs and expenses under whatever causes of action, whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, our liability to you and your sole remedy will be limited to:
- For Clients, in our discretion either (a) supplying the Service again or (b) refund of the amount paid for the Service in the three months preceding the event giving rise to the claim; or
- For all other Users, $100.
13.3 All Users acknowledge that they are using the Service for business purposes only, and that the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 shall not apply.
11.1 Copyright in this Site (including text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and software) is owned or licensed by EBOSS. Except as expressly authorised by these terms and conditions, you may not in any form or by any means;
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this Site; or
- commercialise any information, products or the Service obtained from any part of this Site;
without our prior written permission.
12. Privacy and Data
12.1 We undertake to comply with the terms of our privacy and data policy. You can review the current version at https://bpir.nz/privacy-policy.
12.2 You acknowledge and accept our Privacy and Data Policy.
13. Limitation on Service
13.1 You acknowledge that EBOSS may establish limits or other rules concerning use of the Service, including the maximum number of days that User Generated Content will be retained by the Service, the frequency and/or maximum number and size of postings, articles, technical advice or other Content that may be transmitted or stored by the Service, and the frequency with which you may access the Service. We may vary these limits or rules at any time without notice to you.
14. Variation of the Service
14.1 We may vary the technical functionality and operational specification of the Service at any time without notice to you.
15.1 EBOSS reserves the right to charge fees for the Service.
15.2 EBOSS’s charges for the Service are as set by us from time to time and recorded on the Site or notified to you. Unless otherwise stated, all fees are in New Zealand (NZD) dollars and exclude GST. EBOSS may vary the fees for the Service on giving thirty (30) Business Days’ written notice of the variation to you. If we elect to increase fees you are currently paying, then you may elect to cancel your use of the Service. Continued use of the Service by you after the effective date will constitute acceptance of the variation.
15.3 Any fees are charged at the time the Service commences and are not refundable.
15.4 EBOSS reserves the right to introduce or change the fees charged for any part of the Service at any time. In the event that we introduce a new Service, the fees for that Service are effective at the launch of the Service, unless otherwise stated.
15.5 Fees for Content hosting (including Linking) shall be paid monthly in advance via Direct Debit;
15.6 Advertising, product updates, case studies or other periodic Services have a lead-time before publication/hosting, and are scheduled by EBOSS to assist the effectiveness of each campaign and avoid excessive delivery of Content to Users. Fees for these Services, once booked or reserved by the Client, must be paid regardless of whether the Client completes or undertakes the Service.
15.7 If full payment of an amount owing has not been made on its due date, we may charge interest on all sums outstanding at the rate of 2% per month on a daily basis from the due date to the date full payment is received by us and charge you any collection and handling fees incurred by us.
15.8 If you do not query the charges stated in an invoice within 10 Days of the date of the invoice then you will be deemed to have accepted the invoice.
15.9 In case of disputes over any Service usage our decision based on our Service usage records and will be final and binding on you.
15.10 You must not withhold payment of any part of a charge that is in dispute.
16. Governing Law
16.1 The laws of New Zealand apply to these terms and conditions and your use of the Service. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts. Any dispute arising in relation to these terms and conditions will be resolved in accordance with New Zealand law.
17.1 These terms and conditions supersede all previous conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements and representations whatsoever whether oral or written, and constitute the entire agreement, between you and EBOSS and govern your use of the Service and the Site.
17.2 If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.
17.3 The Parties acknowledge that they are not partners, joint-venturers, fiduciaries or agents of the other.
17.4 No failure or delay by EBOSS to exercise any power, remedy or right in relation to these terms and conditions shall:
- prejudice, limit or affect or operate as a waiver of that power, remedy or right; or
- be deemed to waive any default or breach of any obligation, liability or agreement by any User.
17.5 Headings, marginal notes and the table of contents (if any) are included for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these terms and conditions.
17.6 In these terms and conditions:
- Business Day
- means any day on which banks in New Zealand are open for business, but shall not include either Saturday or Sunday, or any day between 22 December – 10 January (inclusive);
- means our partners, advertisers and any other Persons that load and/or manage Content on the Site or that receive or subscribe for any other paid Service;
- has the meaning described in clause 1.1(a);
- Intellectual Property Rights
- means all rights conferred under statute, common law and equity in and in relation to inventions, designs, trademarks, trade names, logos, CAD files, PDF Detail Drawings, technical product literature layouts, confidential information and copyright and any other right granted by operation of law which confers protection on any written, artistic or other work created by intellectual effort and all associated intangible assets created as a by-product (including market position, brands, tradenames) in relation to any work;
- has the meaning described in clause 1.1(c);
- means you and us;
- means and includes any natural person, company, corporation, firm, partnership, joint venture, society, organisation or other group or association of persons (whether incorporated or not), trust, state or agency of state, statutory or regulatory body, local authority, government or governmental or semi-governmental body or agency (in each case whether or not having separate legal personality);
- has the meaning described in clause 1.1;
- means our website bpir.nz and all related systems, files, materials, features, components and programs;
- means the proprietary computer software programs for the electronic discovery of documents, together with any documents, forms, templates, information or other materials developed by us or our licensors.
- means all Persons accessing the Site and/or using the Service (including any part of the Service), including Clients;
- User Generated Content
- has the meaning described in clause 1.1(b);
- we, us, our, EBOSS
- means Quad Concepts Limited and its agents, successors and permitted assigns;
- you, your or yours
- means the User using the Service and its agents, successors and permitted assigns;